Ford Cabriolet Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dial stickers

2 posters

Go down

dial stickers Empty dial stickers

Post by amandaj Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:51 pm

bit of advice ,
the lettering on my revometer,fuel,temp gauge have all peeled off worse now than ever ,speedo not too bad
On ebay ive seen a set of stickers white with blue writing on the ,or white with black writing on them ,think they are about £5.00.
Was thinking of using something like this to make them look alot better ,what do u think to white dialing my cabby or do you think it could be deemed a bit naffy ,chavy or whatever the word is .
and are they easy to do i know i will have to fine sand the orginals down . alchol wipe etc
Dont fancy changing the clocks as a complete unit as this will alter the milage wont it .
Let me know what you think
Thank you in advance

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

dial stickers Empty Re: dial stickers

Post by crash Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:15 am

I've never fitted any dials to any car but I'm sure that they cant be hard to do and am sure that you would get fitting destructions with them. as for how they would look with your cab being white I think they will look ok. my original fuel gauge looked rough but managed to find a really good set of clocks with just a few hundred miles apart. badger is / was trying to swop over a section of the clocks over not sure how he got on. so come on sean how easy is it to swop part of the clocks over ?
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Yeah gonna get this week, white dial with black writing, cabby in next week to do small leak under battery tray, guess dash will be out then, ( not sure yet whether it's New battery tray and bulk panel) will let you all know.

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj Mon May 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Else I will be back in here asking for a video:
How to get dash clocks out.
Lol

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj Mon May 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Else I will be back in here asking for a video:
How to get dash clocks out.
Lol

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Mon May 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Clocks are real easy to remove. Pull hazard light switch cover off, remove two screws from upper cowl ( 1 each side of hazard switch) lift upper cover off, remove two screws from clock bezel and pull away taking care of the mirror switch. Either pull the mirror switch multi plug or allow the bezel to hang down by the right hand side of the steering wheel. Remove two lower screws and two upper screws from the locks ( the upper screws point upwards) the clocks will now pull away but you need to pull two multi plugs and the speedo cable from the back of the clocks.  It really is much easier than it sounds will talk you just a few minutes. Let me know if you need pics.
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Mon May 25, 2015 11:00 pm

as I needed to change a bulb in the back of my clocks & the fuel guage looks rough I decided to take you a few images in case you need them so here goes
remove the two screws from the upper cover and pull the hazard switch cover off
dial stickers P1020723_zpst05tex2f
remove the two screws from the top of the bezel one each side
dial stickers P1020722_zpsx1ft9dxa
pull the outer bezel away and lay down the right hand side or unplug the mirror switch and remove the bezel to a safe area
remove the two lower screws
dial stickers P1020725_zpsm6elmkce
remove the two upper screws (note these are longer than the lower ones)
dial stickers Bdcb465e-9a94-4793-a2ae-a55b9c9e8bba_zpswrteflm2
pull the clocks out a little too allow you to get your hand round the back and unplug the speedo cable and the two multi plugs from the back of the unit and then lift away
dial stickers P1020727_zpsfrr06xy0
your left with this the multi plugs are colour coded to the clocks so you don't need to worry about getting them back wrong
dial stickers P1020728_zpsjmideskx
dial stickers P1020729_zpst0ytbvcb
replacement is as the Haynes manual says replace in reverse order
all my bulbs now working and no flakey fuel gauge
dial stickers P1020732_zpsq1lng5e7
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm

wow thank you ,not fitted yet as not had the chance ,great easy guide to follow cheers

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down