Ford Cabriolet Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this winters work on my cab updated

3 posters

Go down

this winters work on my cab updated Empty this winters work on my cab updated

Post by crash Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 am

since the cabs now sorn i decided to do a few jobs thats been bugging me for some time. first up the inner wings, i noticed a while ago that there are some light rust spots under the front wing shit liners mainly where the liners rub so today saw the liners removed ready for the work to be done. theres not much tbh but left unchecked it will only lead to more work later on.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010859
this winters work on my cab updated P1010861
this winters work on my cab updated P1010860
this winters work on my cab updated P1010862
the shit liners are looking very flakey with black underbody protection used to
cover the over spray from the paint job cos i was too lazy to remove them at the
time.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010871
this winters work on my cab updated P1010870
the washer bottle is looking quite rough too this will be cleaned before being refitted
this winters work on my cab updated P1010869
this winters work on my cab updated P1010868

small update with pics
the shit liners came up quite well after much elbow grease as did the drive shaft covers but the washer bottle looks like new.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010887
this winters work on my cab updated P1010886
this winters work on my cab updated P1010884
this winters work on my cab updated P1010882
theres a pic missing here of the arches de rusted but this shows one of them in etch primer
this winters work on my cab updated P1010889
followed by primer and black under body coating
this winters work on my cab updated P1010909
this winters work on my cab updated P1010908
this winters work on my cab updated P1010907
this winters work on my cab updated P1010900
care taken to mask up the holes in the inner wings to prevent overspray coming tru and covering things in the engine bay.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010903
thats how things stand atm they will be over painted in the upper body colour and clear coated once the primer has had time to fully dry. with hindsight this job should have been done when i did the underbody resto ( ) but tbh i never intended to go as far as i did with that job at the time but things would have been so much easyer with all the mech stuff out of the way.
btw that rust scab on the front wing will also be sorted over the coming months.
missing pic of the inner wing derusted
this winters work on my cab updated P1010912
this winters work on my cab updated P1010911
in body colour
this winters work on my cab updated P1010935
this winters work on my cab updated P1010924
this winters work on my cab updated P1010914
this winters work on my cab updated P1010910
the brake lines & washer bottle will be refitted next weekend using new clips and screws etc but the shit liners will be left out untill these offending rust spots are attended to. i'm not sure when that will be but i do have a long mental list of jobs that i can get on with untill i can squezze it into work to start on them.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010931
this winters work on my cab updated P1010930
this winters work on my cab updated P1010929

did a bit moe today spent ages working but cant really see much progress. first job was to refit the brake lines i managed to get some new clips that hold the pipes to the inner wings along with some new shit liner, drive shaft cover and washer bottle fixings.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010937
brake lines refitted.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010941
this winters work on my cab updated P1010939
washer bottle refitted
this winters work on my cab updated Untitled-1
it's a pity that this is all that'll be seen.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010947
thats about it all that i need to do under here is a little bit of touching up on the shockers and steering rack & refit the shit liners and drive shaft covers but they will be done when the paint work has been sorted
this winters work on my cab updated P1010952
this winters work on my cab updated P1010950
since i had some paint left over from the front inner wings i decided to use it now rather than it being sat in the shed.
the rear arches have been looking a little flakey for a while now
this winters work on my cab updated P1010958
this winters work on my cab updated P1010957
hit them with the da followed by a light coat of smooth stone gaurd
this winters work on my cab updated P1010963
this winters work on my cab updated P1010964
going nowhere anytime soon
this winters work on my cab updated P1010967
this winters work on my cab updated P1010968
followed by lower body colour
this winters work on my cab updated P1010981
this winters work on my cab updated P1010980
this winters work on my cab updated P1010984
this winters work on my cab updated P1010985
thats it for now all coverd up till next time.
this winters work on my cab updated P1010979
work left to do is a small amount of work on the interior trim, fit a new ratchet and pawl to the clutch pedal (not looking forward to that at all) & at some point tackle the rust scabs on the front wing lips.
this weekend saw work started on the front wings i didn't get any pics as i'd let my camera run flat.
but under the paint surprisingly turned up no nasty surprises they were as i thought just stone chips picked up over the last few years. as things stand they have been sanded smooth etched and primed ready for the next dry weekend when the entire moonstone section will be preped ready for paint.
the jobs i have planned are all minor but the hours put into them are much more than expected.
small update with a big question
i've decided to as usuall stretch the winters work a little further, i was just going to attend to the small rust spots on the lips of the front wings but while working away last weekend decided to do the entire bottom section. work has progressed today a little more but the question is should the sills be smooth or as mine are now quite light stone chip ? not got too much done today i'd prepped the lower section for primer, got it all masked up ragged some etch primer on and got ready to mix the 2 pack primer only to find that the activator had gone hard and being sunday no place to obtain any from

just a few pics today all prior to the full sides being flatted and masked ready for primer

this winters work on my cab updated P1010994

this winters work on my cab updated P1010989

this winters work on my cab updated P1010988

this winters work on my cab updated P1010986
after the waisted time the other weekend with the 2k activator going off in the can i got it primed the following weekend and flatted it this weekend so now it's all ready for paint. i'm hoping to get it in the oven & painted over the christmas week shut down week or very soon after so work can move on to the other jobs.
this winters work on my cab updated P1020020
this winters work on my cab updated P1020019
this winters work on my cab updated P1020018
this winters work on my cab updated P1020015

finaly got the cab over to my mates shop today and got it painted. so now things can move on not much to do now going to be bringing it home tomorrow so hoping for a few dry weekends.
this winters work on my cab updated P1020026
this winters work on my cab updated P1020028
this winters work on my cab updated P1020031
this winters work on my cab updated P1020032
this winters work on my cab updated P1020034
this winters work on my cab updated P1020035
this winters work on my cab updated P1020036
this winters work on my cab updated P1020038
done a little more work today and tbh it is a little but it still took me three hours it's surprising how little you (or at least i) get done in a few hours. anyway i managed to get the shit liners and small covers refitted under the wings, all that work and this is all you can see of it lol.
this winters work on my cab updated P1020058
this winters work on my cab updated P1020046
you cant even see that clean looking washer bottle.
this winters work on my cab updated P1020060
but you cant see the offending rust spots that was here either.
this winters work on my cab updated P1020061

i also managed to get the lower section of the sills back in black.
this winters work on my cab updated P1020062
i've got no pics but the door cards are off and the rest of the interior trim will be coming off soon for a tidy up. while the door cards are off the doors have been given some more cavity wax as have the small box sections under the shit liners.

crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

this winters work on my cab updated Empty Re: this winters work on my cab updated

Post by Rick Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Great work mate looks like it's kept you busy where did you manage to get all the sunny days from Cool
Rick
Rick
started the engine
started the engine

Back to top Go down

this winters work on my cab updated Empty Re: this winters work on my cab updated

Post by crash Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 pm

the sunny days were fron october right up to christmas week and it's been shite weather ever since. still got a load to do but cant get out there.
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by scrumpy45b Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 pm

thats an awesome job Mick  Smile 

certainly thorough when u get going
looked clean before you started , gona be entering concourse then this year ?  Laughing 
scrumpy45b
scrumpy45b
In the drivers seat
In the drivers seat

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:47 pm

scrumpy45b wrote:thats an awesome job Mick   Smile 

certainly thorough when u get going
looked clean before you started , gona be entering concourse then this year ?  Laughing 

lol john this was last winters work but I always use the winter sorn period to tidy things up a little so catch up on this winters work here http://www.fcoclub.com/t124-winter-work
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down