Ford Cabriolet Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS

5 posters

Go down

NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS Empty NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS

Post by Jan Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi all, well i designed this site to try and replicate the original site but for free and it seems to have taken off some what
the whole site is pretty tweekable in design, styles and themes but not quite as versatile as the old one allthough it is for free. things i don't control is the backup thats done automaticly by forumotion everyday i presume stored on thier server i can however reinstall the last good known backup if everything goes tits up. via the admin panel
Anyway thier are a few bits that can be customised but have to be paid for by credits these are detailed below

remove adds for 12 months = 1000 credits
personalised dominion name for 12 months = 1600 credits
copyright links to forumotion disabled for 12 months = 1000 credits (don't know what this is yet)
and storage the site has 20mb free to increase this its 50mb=50 credits to max 500mb=500 credits (i havn't used and space i believe this is for such as pictures store on the site etc)

the cost of credits are 500=£3.95/ 1000=£7.90/ 2000=£14.22/ 5000=£33.18

so you get the basic idea question is are we going to continue using this site and if so do we need to customise it as above any?
my personal opinion is a dominion name all the rest i could live with but what does everyone think?
ps i named it as the softtop club so not to interfear with the original club but that can be changed and any dominion name linked to the site i have checked and fcoclub.com is avalible cost of aprox £10 per year
Jan
Jan
Admin
Admin

https://fordsoclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS Empty Re: NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS

Post by crash Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:04 pm

my opinion is the domain and fcoclub.com sounds good
and if i read things right that would cout 24 quid a year & we used to pay 12 per month on the old site. thats a saving of 120 quid a year bit of a no brainer really.

Last edited by crash on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : speling)
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS Empty Re: NEW SITE PLEASE READ I NEED INPUT ON THIS

Post by Jan Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm

yep agreed mick
and LOL at edit on your post reason for edit 2 times speling
Jan
Jan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:25 pm

and whats up with my speling pmsl
the first edit was for spelling and second i just added something.
do we have any other veiws on the above
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by nobber Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 am

how much storage is 500mb? it doesnt sound like a lot especially if it starts getting rammed with pics.

nobber
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by Pmiddy78 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm happy to go with what ever you guys decide,
I would be happy to pay a membership fee (whatever that may be)
as it's not just the cost of things it's your time to administer it too!
as long as i can come on and catch up with you guys and see you at some shows throughout the year then i'm happy!
just keep me informed!! Smile
Pmiddy78
Pmiddy78
started the engine
started the engine

http://www.80sCarHire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pmiddy78 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

oh and PS: well done for setting this up!! Wink
Pmiddy78
Pmiddy78
started the engine
started the engine

http://www.80sCarHire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:50 pm

nobber wrote:how much storage is 500mb? it doesnt sound like a lot especially if it starts getting rammed with pics.

no not alot of space but as before if images are stored outside the site on photobucket and the image link posted here then its not using any of the website space so no need to add at the momment i think the allocated website space is for the onboard gallery (i havn't included it in the site its thier but not showing) i will monitor the storage and let you know if thiers any change to it in the comming year then we can sort something then
Jan
Jan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm

500 meg dont sound a lot but as jan says if images are stored off site and image codes posted as they are then i doubt we would need too much. apart from the banner image and whatever is on the portal all we post is text. and if we do need space then it's cheap enough to buy as we go. 500meg for under 4 quid.
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by nobber Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 am

oh so you can just add them on as you need it Smile

nobber
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbess Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I like the new site and I agree, well done on sorting it all out and dragging it back from the brink.

I can live with the ads (oh it must be pixie magic, it knows what I like!!) and I am just happy to have the club back, I'll go with whatever.
Blackbess
Blackbess
started the engine
started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down