Ford Cabriolet Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a quick one .

3 posters

Go down

just a quick one . Empty just a quick one .

Post by amandaj Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 pm

hi put new battery in and it wont start, yet when i parked it up at start of dec there was no apparent reasons for it to not run (apart from continous flat battery ) fuel pump sounds is there ,yes fuel level is low but out the red ,just not firing up could it just be simple case of damp as it sat covered up ,cheers

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

just a quick one . Empty Re: just a quick one .

Post by crash Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:42 pm

do you have an immobliser fitted ? if so could be acting up. is the problem since fitting the battery if so are all the single wires fitted to the positive side of the battery. you say you can hear the pump so that would rule out the fuel cut off switch in the boot under the spare wheel but I'd check that anyway for the time it takes. failing these checks it's a case of checking for fuel up to the rail and spark at the plugs to determine if it's fuel or ignition faults. let us know how you get on.
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by amandaj Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:46 pm

hi yeah i emptied boot today i pressed fuel cut off switch but it didnt go up or down just stayed the same ( a white button ) ,also im not sure about alarm ,im think alarm .whats valet mode on a toad alarm (could this be whats stopping cabby from starting ) .i have noticed amber led not sure if i have seen this one before .put keys in press button on alarm led goes from red to green but car still wont start ( does feel like immobilser ) ,but i have amber light on if i open door .i think i need to check all them wires to battery again . whats the brown ring connector one (the one i have to stop it spinning round with my spanner lol ),could these connected wires just be dirty . also went and buyed a new fuel can and a gallon of fuel incase it was too low on fuel to start on hill but still wouldnt start ,will have a look tmoz in daylight at battery connectors ,failing that ring green flag and get tow in to local garage AGAIN lol ,(not ordered spark plugs yet)

amandaj
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by nobber Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 am

valet mode, basically it just locks the boot so when someone else is parking it for you they cant rummage in the boot lol, as for the brown spinny wire i have no idea, but worth tracing to see where it goes usualy brown= ground but anything could happen

nobber
On the road
On the road

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:21 am

bugger I meant getting you a pic today of my battery cables but got carried away doing other stuff.
i'll get one tomorrow for you
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by crash Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:08 pm

hope this helps ignore the red crocodile clip that's the positive lead on my battery conditioner.
just a quick one . 20140122_1935211_zps49df8690
crash
crash
gathering speed
gathering speed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum